![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 20.9.06 . . . . . Today is weird for lots of reasons. Foremost, though, I feel like an underachiever. Not just today, but lately in general. I'm not taking calc, I'm not taking an AP science, I have a block free every day - am I missing something? I don't particularly want to go into a field in which calc or advanced scientific knowledge would be crucial, so there's no rational reason for me to be beating myself up over it. Stat is actually useful, and art is just part of what I do. Nevertheless, here I am. I don' t think I remember ever being really dissatisfiied with myself academically before. It's. . . weird.
Comments:
I always feel like an under-achiever because I have no extra curricular activities. :P But I have two AP sciences, and AP Calc (again!). xD Go figure.
I am taking an AP science AND Calc, and I *still* have a block free every day.
I don't think you should beat yourself up over it. If calc and science aren't what you're going into, then there is really no reason to, technically speaking, do it. If you want to do it, that's a different situation.
Except... be wary of a schedule which will make colleges think you're letting up or slacking off in your senior year. You really might want to add something for next semester if you're going to have two free blocks.
You as an underachiever is difficult to imagine. Of course, that's never stopped me from always feeling that way.
Maybe we have the Sherman perfectionist syndrome. (Well. I guess it's not really a maybe.)
Post a Comment
I added studio in computer art, actually. I think that's another good, sort of universally-applicable thing. You know? come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |