![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 25.4.13 . . . . . In the mornings I sometimes get bored of listening to classical music or my handful of CDs and turn to another station. The stuff I end up sticking with tends to be Christian rock and talk radio, not because I'm ultra Christian, but because it's totally fascinating. Today I ended up on one such station and I learned more in that hour or so (long drive in today) than, well, than generally happens.
The songs were all about suffering through mortal life, miserable but confident (or trying to be confident) in God's love and promise of Heaven. Almost all, anyway. There was one that was more uplifting/Christian in the sense of "about Christ", not just about salvation.
There was also a news bit about the fertilizer explosion and the fuel tanker explosions . . . shortly followed by a blip about the lowest pollution levels in the air ever and some sidelong, ostensibly-unrelated notes about it being cold outside.
It makes one think about the premises of some secular humanists: that life is short and it's all there is, so what happens on this world matters. If you think there's something else, then I guess it's fine to push all the suffering from your mind and believe you don't belong in it, that it's all somehow beneath or beside the point of you. But that isn't really very Christian in the sense of "about Christ".
Comments:
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |