![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 11.4.13 . . . . . "But wait - if it just comes back -" "Don't say it isn't worth it - because it is." Even for a little while, people can sleep in their beds without being afraid. That kind of time is worth anything. Don't say it isn't worth it. Your words that day, Yuna - I remember them well. Hi blog. It's been a while, and this is an awful sappy thing to post as a reintroduction, but I guess it shows that the more things change, the more things stay the same! That line always gets me, is all. It's probably no good that Yuna is my favorite role model out of the whole Final Fantasy heroine set. So innocent and so martyr-complex'd, so totally unreal - I could choose better. But there it is anyway. And then stuff like this happens, too, and, well. The game is just bad for me. I think when I was on Society Rails (i.e., in school), my "I'm totally gonna go far" inclinations pointed me toward Yuna: toward a determined, self-sacrificing, principled, thoughtful march into the gates of Hell for a heavenly cause. But the most wonderful thing about Yuna isn't really that she's willing to do that (although it is wonderful) - it's that, when someone tells her it's not good enough, when someone she loves decides he wants everything and not just what's normal or seems reasonable, she has the incredible courage to turn against every rule, ritual, and religious precept under which she has lived to uphold the principle itself, the love itself, the bravery itself, the selflessness itself. Who in this world can say they've done that? How do I do that?
Comments:
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |