![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 7.6.10 . . . . . My letter to Chuck Schumer, which I just realized I've been editorializing as I'm blogging it. Should've editorialized it so much when I sent it, I guess, but arrrrggghhh. Dear Senator, Greetings from a concerned constituent. I recently learned - and was frankly shocked - that you are not standing in full support of the Kerry-Lieberman climate and energy bill, and you seem permissive, if not welcoming, of Majority Leader Reid's plausible decision to introduce an energy bill without a carbon cap or tax provision. This is not acceptable. I will not insult your intelligence by explaining to you why market-based carbon control levers are absolutely essential to enact in this country, and to enact immediately - in fact to enact last year, last decade. It is far too late to play politics with my future. The risk climate change poses to New York State, America, and this planet is too large. The building sector at California's level from 32 years (half again my lifetime) ago is not enough. Mandatory standards are not enough. Do the right thing, and tell your colleague Mr. Reid to bite the bullet and think of the future of his people - not just of his political career. You may be surprised by the extent to which the two go hand in hand when it comes to my generation.
Comments:
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |