![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 7.5.10 . . . . . It's reading period! I am therefore insane. I even feel more insane than usual, for reading period, because I am not nearly stressed out enough abut all I have to do. So I have imposed a couple of artificial deadlines today - fingers crossed for their effectiveness. If you see me online please tell me to GTFO. That is actually unrelated to what I meant to write, but I still felt it needed pointing out. What I meant to write was that, before falling asleep last night, for some reason some serious Frank Nostalgia hit me. I think when some people hear "almost four years" they think "oh Jesus that's practically married for kids that age, they must be terribly serious, all the spark gone, boring, boring" - and that it has been over such a distance must just make us seem insane. But there is a lot to having been together since our 17th birthdays (give or take a week, depending). It is not that we are terribly boring (although I guess, by many standards, we must be) or that there are saccharine "firsts" and awkward moments and common experiences to be remembered and recounted; it is not even the shooting stars. Some of the things I remember bear writing in other places, because they're not only remembered, not only buried in a past to which we cling (pathetically, some must imagine), but recurring, spiraling, not quite the same each time our lives pass them but still recognizable. Last night, it was that familiar-strange realization of how audacious my shy boy is - how audacious he always has been, though in his coy quiet he often lets me forget. It was so many moments strung together. I wonder if it becomes not a string of pearls but more a flowing and fluid thing when two are together all the time. I suspect that, soon, we'll begin to find out - and that, after almost four years, is truly strange and, if I may be so trite, exciting.
Comments:
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |