![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 9.11.09 . . . . . A lot has changed in a year, hasn't it? In the country and in me. I think we have all gotten savvier, and I especially have gotten savvier, more likely to ask the right questions of myself, to correctly read the compass of power. When I make offhand remarks or write in cover letters that my time in Washington changed me, I am not lying or making much ado about not so much. It's true. About a year ago I was all broken up and thrilled because Obama had been elected, and I was talking about Democrats sharing power with Republicans, and things beginning to change. Now I am repulsed by Democrats even sharing power with Democrats, by progressives having to kowtow to Blue Dogs. I wanted better. We - the worldwide one, past and present and most of all future - deserve better. It's not that all has been lost - just that there is still so much to gain, and we'll gain it with difficulty and slowly, if at all. Archive-reading: an interesting pastime, to be sure. ps. I have not gotten much more articulate, something that I was also grouching about around a year ago. I think the present experiment might help, since I am writing here more. Har har.
Comments:
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |