![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 31.7.09 . . . . . Btw, we had a fire alarm go off today for reasons pretty much unknown to anyone - we have conflicting reports of the alarm's origin in the building. While we were standing around outside, I was accosted by a nice, somewhat over-feminine redhead fundraising for Care. She tried to convince me to donate, and I explained to her my experience with the dubious nature of development work, blah blah blah, told her I'd look up the organization. She pleasantly surprised me by saying (perkily) that she believed me, and letting me go without incident. I think we had a lot in common, study-wise. So I actually looked up Care on givewell.net, and guess what? They're not one of the top 4, verified-as-effective charities, but they're on the short list of standout organizations for detailed project reporting. They're probably the best thing going for internationally organized development, so far as givewell is concerned. So if you want to do some do-gooding of that nature, they're probably a good candidate. I wish I could tell the perky redhead what I found out - I imagine she could use it in her spiel - but she'll probably be gone by the time I leave.
Comments:
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |