![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 14.10.08 . . . . . Two things. First thing: I have my absentee ballot. Now I just need to figure out if I approve this amendment, and who exactly all these potential state supreme court justices and congresspeople and so forth are. :P Oh brother. Second thing: Young bull elephants who witness herd members being killed manifest similar behaviors to those exhibited by young men who witness genocide. Some people are calling this post-traumatic stress disorder. There is a well-established body of evidence indicating that social mammals, including humans and elephants, have similar enough brain structures to account for very similar cognitive processes. For more details, listen here. We also just learned about PTSD in psych class. I don't think I've been so close to crying in class since APUSH, watching the moments before the assassinations of Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy. The things humans inflict not only upon one another, but on members of species who can't speak but can clearly think and feel - it just . . . never ceases to appall.
Comments:
I rewatched a video today that a friend of mine made after returning from time spent in Cambodia. I'd link it, but there is nothing like evidence of a grossly overlooked genocide to dampen one's evening. It did wonders for mine.
Post a Comment
blaaah *cling* come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |