![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 10.2.08 . . . . . I was looking at facebook pictures just now, contemplating senior year, particularly its tail end. To some extent, I miss the summery weather, but mostly I miss the feeling of good all around me, and of potential waiting in the wings. Here I am immersed in potential, with the good waiting in the wings, and it is February. There have been good times. These times are not bad times, but they are different from the good times. Someday I'll actually read The Old Man and the Sea. I thought about adding, to the list of differences which make me nostalgic, the fact that I feel myself so unspecial here; but really, in my writing and freshman seminars especially, I feel like I do have some outstanding quality which makes me worthy. I am here because I want to gather knowledge and skill to myself and make good use of it. I am here because I have a working head on my shoulders. For all the toolish future investment bankers, for all the reclusive, frightened math majors, for all the pretentious, self-absorbed art history students, there is an Erin, who, in my own clearly biased estimation, is here for at least one or two of the right reasons.
Comments:
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |