![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 25.9.07 . . . . . I always did find the notion of a creative writing class in some ways problematic, because an attempt to teach "creativity" is counterintuitive; after that thought, I would remember that to write *well,* one must write deliberately, and to write deliberately one needs criticism, such that one might get in a class. O God, criticism. I am so painfully unaccustomed. I don't mean to sound melodramatic, but I hope that this class does not beat the desire to write out of me for sheer feeling of inadequacy. I have to remember: good, highly effective writing does not just happen spontaneously. You really need to work at it. You need to be able to stand up to criticism and understand it and say "yeah, I'll change" or "no, I won't, and here's why" and not feel sort of like curling up into a ball and shaking under the creative writing library table. I reiterate. I sound more melodramatic than is justified. I'm tired, and I still have work to do - and SO MUCH work for humanities in the next week. Ugh.
Comments:
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |