![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 27.4.07 . . . . . Well, my ducklings, Java Jive was phenomenal, and I mean that. I believe the most phenomenal performers, in my mind, were Emily Payton (Christ, what a poet), General Lee Speaking (I'm signing up as a fangirl/roadie ASAP), and - of course - Allie Tepper, who is transformed into a goddess when she starts reciting poetry. If you were not there tonight, it is likely that you had something else that needed doing, but trust me - Java Jive was better. Colin was also awesome. I did not mention him in the List O' Awesome because he's one of my best friends, and that doesn't seem fair. Haberdasher? A brief, true fable: in the late middle of the evening, Natalie came up to me and informed me that Kwame had decided to give me a book, as a gift - the last copy he had with him. It was not a poetry book - it was Do the Write Thing, his DIY guide on publishing. I spent a fair amount of the remainder of the night - when I was not completely floored by the talent in front of me, which was long and often - looking back at the book and smiling. Colin taught me doing this once and said, quietly: "You're lucky." I am very lucky, more lucky than I will ever really know - blessed, even. I am so lucky I want to cry, because it's just luck. Maybe I deserve some of it, but not all of it, not remotely, and there are people who are unlucky, who are incredible poets, and unlucky, and I want to give all my luck to them, because they - for all the unluck they've lived through - deserve everything. I was thinking about this blog post in the car on the way home, and it may become a poem eventually. This is the sort of thing poetry is for.
Comments:
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |