![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 9.4.07 . . . . . WARNING: this blog entry consists entirely of Erin bragging. If you don't want to read it, then. . . don't. I got this in a letter from Princeton today. "Dear Erin: What I find most exciting about the admissions season are the moments when Dean Rapelye pops into my office, or buttonholes me on the way to a meeting, to tell me with enormous enthusiasm about one or another particularly outstanding applicant she believes would make a great match with Princeton. I don't think she's ever used the term "creme de la creme," but when she takes the time to tell me about each of the many excellent applications she and her staff have read that day, I'm pretty sure that's what she has in mind. As you've probably figured out by now, you are one of the applicants Dean Rapelye went out of her way to mention to me over the past few months. For that reason, I wanted to send along this note expressing my appreciation of your having applied to Princeton and my hope that you will agree that Princeton is an especially good match for your intellectual interests and aspirations." . . . and so on. Attached is a list of faculty and contact info, should I take an interest in bothering any one of them. It made me smile.
Comments:
I don't mean to be over-cynical, but have you considered asking any of your new facebook acquaintances if they might have gotten such letters? Because... it's sufficiently unspecific to be a form letter.
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |