|
. . . . . entries for 21.4.07 . . . . .
This paragraph in Slaughterhouse 5 has just now made me deeply miserable.
"'If I hadn't spent so much time studying Earthlings,' said the Tralfamadorian, 'I wouldn't have any idea what was meant by "free will." I've visited thirty-one inhabited planets in the universe, and I have studied reports on one hundred more. Only on Earth is there any talk of free will.'"
When it comes down to it, we Earthlings probably aren't going to stray too far from Earth, nevermind the solar system. We're eventually going to be burned up by our own sun, if something slightly less catastrophic doesn't happen before then. And everything will be gone.
Usually I am mostly indifferent towards dying. I don't think about it a lot. Lately, listening to my heartbeat and thinking about what it would be like if it stopped, I have been very, very opposed to dying.
[] . . . ees @ 8:44:00 PM
come home?
|
|