![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 17.3.07 . . . . . Environmental problems are scary. This may seem self-evident, but fear can't be something nodded to, distantly recognized - it needs to be felt directly. In America, we are not feeling it directly. Not at all. We need to be afraid of other people, not just ourselves, when it comes to the future of the planet. How the hell we go about convincing other people in other countries that the environment actually matters is beyond me. All I can think is that we should make them all read Jared Diamond's books, watch Al Gore's movie, and stop wearing face masks in their cities for a day, and see what they cough up. I'm thinking of starting a whacked out, environmental-political blog. I doubt I'd keep up with stuff as much as I should, though. "Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we can't eat money." -Cree proverb
Comments:
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |