![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 13.1.07 . . . . . Have you ever wanted absolutely nothing? I mean, this is not nirvana. This is being in a dark, furious depression and seeing no way out, nothing interesting or distracting, nevermind healing. There is nowhere to put the sorrow and self-loathing, and one results from the other infinitely, because even though you know your sadness and anger are irrational, you keep feeling them - all the more strongly for your knowledge of their absurdity. But this is not one of those times, because actually, I want to scream, and run, and destroy things. I'm not even angry at anyone, at least not anyone other than myself. Maybe, because I'm vindictive, I want someone to know, really to feel in the pit of their stomach, what I feel. It's not that I blame them; it isn't truly their fault. It's just that they ought to fucking know. I also want to wash all knowledge of Jungian psychology from my brain, because it has honestly wrecked me. I want to wash myself of this feeling. I want to wake up tomorrow and be impossibly enthusiastic about my fucking tremendous German project. I want not to feel guilty about going to Colin's tomorrow or, better, not feel guilty about not going, so I can keep working or, better still, drive my parents out of my house with a torch and pitchfork and hold Frank Ferraro hostage in my room until Hell freezes over. That is what I want. No, you cannot give it to me. I am uninterested in your sympathy. I do not want to be touched, although I wouldn't mind fighting with someone - a real physical fight, like I've never actually been in, tooth and nail, resulting in blood and bruises.
Comments:
I will not fight ye. But, having been there, I will offer the only bit of helpful suggestion I have in light of all this: read a bunch of another psychologist who disagrees with Jung, but is still compelling, and you won't feel the iron grip of one theory ruling your brain anymore.
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |