![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 28.11.06 . . . . . There comes a point at which no music, no number of down comforters and pillows and hands over your ears can hide the sound of skittering, tumbling, a horrible vermin two floors below, fighting its way up the stairs and to the surface. I got back my Kafka In My Basement essay today, which is good, because I have to send a recent, graded paper to Middlebury. (They probably want something more like my Snow White essay. Ah well. I'll think about it.) Ms. Moore drew two smileyfaces on it, and gave me an A+. I'm proud of that paper, proud of what I felt when I wrote it - defiance, innocent, hopeful denial. "Skitter on, Kafka," I wrote. Like I could ignore it forever. Like it would stay docile, crawling hopelessly on the floor, forever. I have a feeling I'm going to think this is melodramatic in a matter of hours, if not minutes. Screw it. It's almost like my entire day was tailored to making me feel awful. There were good parts - I know there were, I remember them - but some things are too ludicrous, too cruel in their circumstance. Teen depression and suicide day in health; a class of people most of whom had pretty obviously never sat up all night, reminding a friend why life is worth living, talking about signs and causes and prevention like they know. They look at me funny, as if I'm speaking another language, when I say the word "hope," and brush it off as too romantic, too abstract to really pull someone back from the edge. We started reading The Heart of Darkness in English today, but that's just literature, and it's about Britain and Africa, about history - who gives a damn, right? In spite of the evidence to the contrary, I can hardly put together a sentence in my brain right now. I guess I'll stop rambling. I guess I probably shouldn't have put this up on my blog where everyone can read it, but hell, we already know I show symptoms of bipolar disorder lite and SAD - why not go into more depth? :P
Comments:
Heart of Darkness is actually quite a good read; I rather enjoyed it. Takes a bit of getting used to his style, though. He's sort of like Lovecraft, without the terrible dialogue and the vocabulary issues.
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |