![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 14.9.06 . . . . . So actually, there is something longish I want to put here. It is my metaphysical conceit from English class today. We had to write two objects on an index card then swap index cards with someone else, and write from the statement "I am [one of the two objects]." I got a card with "locket" and "beta fish" - so, naturally, I chose the latter. Here is the result. I'm not even editing it. IT TAKES A LOT OF SELF-RESTRAINT. xD (I think you'll appreciate this, Cas.) For my entire life, I have swum around the circumference of the same bowl; at every turn, I am struck by the surprises and novelty of living. Occasionally I have encountered another creature like myself, either real or merely imagined in my own reflection. For reasons unknown even to myself, I reflexively abhor my fellow fish, although I may know that they, too, are beautiful creatures with scales like purple silk and scarlet satin. Perhaps because of this, my least beloved instinct, those around me sometimes provoke my hatred purposefully, putting mirrors in front of the glass or swimming by themselves, somehow blasé, unconcerned with my staring, incredulous eyes. Though I fight - and yes, even against the mirror, especially against the mirror - I tire quickly, and am content to return to my black plastic castle in the fluorescent blue sand, where, like Achilles, I ponder and replenish myself, forgetting everything before I venture out to see again the foreign, new world in which I live. Voila. Our friend J. No wrote as dirty socks, and I really liked his piece; I kind of surprised myself by knowing exactly what he was talking about. You wouldn't think I'd know him that well, but then, maybe everybody knows. Greg wrote as a toenail. I don't think it was his best work. xD Still pretty good, though.
Comments:
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |