![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 10.9.06 . . . . . It's very nearly that day again. I don't think 9/11 is the kind of day you stay up to greet at midnight, but I'll probably be awake doing my stat homework. When I think about it, I want to say something profound and unique and meaningful, but I wasn't really there. I really have no idea what that day means to the people who saw the fire, who breathed the dust, who heard the bodies land on the pavement. I have no idea what 9/11 is all about, and there will be people who will only read about it in history books and hear about it from their parents and grandparents. There will be people in the future for whom that day is a matter of no great concern, a day that passes like April 4th. Do you know what happened on April 4th? Do you care? What terrifies me is the disconnect, even now, only five years later. What does it mean to me? Increased airport security, my friends telling me it's too soon to see the movies, partisan conflict over what could've been done to stop it, a war on terror that has left the supposed mastermind of the attacks on the loose, thousands of Afghani and Iraqi civilians dead? Shouldn't something more have come of this?
Comments:
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |