![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 3.9.06 . . . . . If my admissions essay is abjectly brilliant but also over three times the desired length, will I get into college or not? xD
Comments:
I don't think that the admissions board has /time/ to read, like, five pages, Er, even if they are abjectly brilliant.
Abjectly brilliant and the right length plays better. Admission people are busy. Keep the whole thing for you, but pare it down for them
You might even want to write something completely different.
Post a Comment
I know that it was inspired, but you could cut it down. You could cut a character. You could cut some description. You could make the point slightly other than it was. You could jump in in the middle when most of the guests are already there. You really could. If you feel adamantly about not doing this, call the Chicago Admission Office and ask them what they'd like you to do. Not being able to respect the demands upon the people who are reading those things is not something that goes over well if you've been explicitly asked to stay within a limit. It reflects badly. I haven't seen the whole story, but though I liked it, I don't think it's SO brilliant that it will turn that completely on its head. Maybe the best thing to do would really be to talk to someone there, though. come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |