I think I am going to assign myself readings from gutenberg.org. I think I may start with the Republic, because I'm crazy off my ass.
[] . . . ees @ 8:13:00 PM
Comments:
The problem with reading things translated into English from Project Gutenburg is that they're all old enough translations to be past copyright. You might be better off getting the Hackett edition. But... it's definitely better than NOT reading the Republic.
God. It's so important to be able to see some bits in Greek. I can't even remember what bits anymore, I just remember it being important.
At any rate, if you read it, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
# posted by Anonymous : September 21, 2006 11:06 PM
{ting}
she looks like the real thing
{mari}
out and about [kelsey]
THIS IS AMERICA
{yianni}
stop being depressed
{alisa}
other [shannon]
close and far
{frank}
islands where no islands should go [cassie]
eating knowledge
{colin}
my dm [emily]
shoulder to the wheel [brian]
nostalgic for fantasy [nicole]
industry insider
{elle}
angry enviro [matt]
never heard of miyazaki [pirate dan]
are you reading this? [olga]
distracted [messiah dan]
messiah/believer
{max}
approach focus [natalie]
wait a minute [susan]
solitude
{greg}
manbeargreg