![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 29.6.06 . . . . . Disgustingly enough, I think I am something of a transcendentalist. Of sorts. Thoreau is no prophet and Walden isn't scripture, but the perspective is certainly worth considering - especially when one has an atypically large pond in one's backyard, which seems full of large carp one wasn't previously aware of the existence of. (I was excited. Fishies. In my backyard!? Swimming in the grass!?) Also: lots of downed trees by Lock 7, but nowhere else. I theorize this has something to do with the lock itself and what it does to the river and the water table. Any bright young scholar of earth science is more than welcome to correct me.
Comments:
I felt that way when I was reading Thoreau, too, and still do, to an extent. Transcendentalism sort of morphed into Unitarian/Universalism, which is why I had hopes for Unity Temple. Ah well.
But.. you weren't aware of the carp? Good lord. Clearly I am the tomboy of the family. I remember thinking you didn't spend enough time wandering around outside in your childhood. From the age of five or so up to high school I thought about little other than fishes and trees and things that were back there being more interesting than the rest of my life generally was.
Maybe I'll fulfill my nature-living childhood retroactively. FISHIES. I knew there were fishies, just now really BIG ones.
And by now I mean not. I have had these problems with typing coherently lately. Maybe I should cut my nails?
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |