![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 26.4.06 . . . . . So. Today was interesting. Day of Silence. I wasn't silent. I have reasons for this, believe it or not - I'm not just a lazy, loquacious asshole. :P I guess a lot of people would expect me to participate. I didn't because I want to see how the silent would treat someone - someone they knew - who was still talking. No one gave me any dirty looks (that I saw), so I guess that is good. I did feel slightly excluded from the movement at times, but I think that might just be because the kids participating tended to cluster, to enforce solidarity amongst themselves. . . . I just don't think shutting up for a day is quite the way to go about destroying prejudice. For that matter, I don't think prejudice can be destroyed. We've done a sucky job of doing so thus far, anyway, and for fights much older than that of gay rights. How cynical am I! . . . in any case. Next topic. Report cards. Okay. You don't want to hear about my report card. I'll leave it alone. xD (Current GPA this year: 4.12. Don't beat me up. Please.) Schedule conflicts. A lot of people had these. I had one. Hanging out in the guidance office before getting called up was actually kind of fun. Getting called up wasn't. I was basically told: okay, kid, German or Latin - pick one, you can't have both, no matter how much shuffling we do. I picked German, obviously. BUT. Let me tell you how absurd the status of lingua Latina is right now. Fucking absurd, that's what. The Latin III kids were told they had two choices: Latin IV H or Latin V AP. So most kids went for IV, and a few went for V. There were only enough kids who signed up for IV to justify one section of the class. V was cut due to lack of enrollment, but the school didn't create another section of IV for the displaced - they just put them on the waiting list. Schedule conflicts crop up a hell of a lot when there's only one section *anyway.* But one section which SHOULD be two, and one section that's going to end up being huge? This is very disappointing. I am mad at my district. I might actually get publically mad about it and bitch at the administration. I WANT MY LATIN. Last, Java Jive rehearsal. The other girls who wrote their own stuff tended to have very. . . moving, personal, good but not amazing poems. I guess I had good, not-as-personal-or-moving-but-better-written stuff. Or something. Whatever. Much "oh, that was so good!" all around. And that was basically my day. Charming, eh?
Comments:
Heh, it's especially ironic that Nisky's Latin program was recognized as the "Most Outstanding Latin Program in NYS" or something like that...
Well fuck them. You know you can take Latin online? www.flvs.net
Post a Comment
Yes, it's FLORIDA virtual school, but it's open to the entire country. Hah. So, good luck next Thursday while I'm in Washington DC NOT having to take the APUSH exam. Ha ha. I'm taking it the 18th. come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |