![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 13.4.06 . . . . . So there's this phenomenal "college essay" in the New Yorker. . . here is my favorite paragraph. "I am not one to say, 'Omigod, like poor me,' despite the fact that my dad would on numberable occasions drink an entire bottle of raspberry cordial and try to run Mamma over with the combine harvester. That is 'Stinkin' Thinkin'.' As the Danish composer Frederick Nietzsche declared, 'That which does not kill me makes me longer.' That was certainly true of Mamma, especially after having been run over." This essay was written by Christopher Buckley. I recommend picking up a copy of the November 2005 New Yorker SOMEWHERE so you can read this. It's a freaking riot.
Comments:
If it was as bad as this one was on purpose (and it's fairly obvious that it was done on purpose here), then you could probably accept the person.
. . . but if it were *actually* that bad. . .
Too bad I haven't been in this business longer. I'd be poised to give you and your friends prime application essay advice.
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |