![]() |
|
|
. . . . . entries for 1.12.05 . . . . . If Mr. Bloom didn't love me before, he does now! First thing this class: got back Calhoun reaction papers. He told me mine wasn't finished, that he wanted to read more about how I AM JOHN C. CALHOUN, as you may or may not have heard. :P So I write another page and hand it into him whenever I get 'round to it. So that was interesting. Class itself consisted of Thoreau babble, in which I mentioned fairly late on the problem of education in Thoreau's proposed government, and near the end, Mark brought up St. John's, how it's always sending him stuff, and how silly it is (according to him!). Mr. Bloom heard a little knot of students discussing the school and piped in, "St. John's in Maryland?" To which I reply: "YEAH, St. John's in Maryland!" This led to a conversation about our beloved St. John's College in Annapolis and Santa Fé. The Bloominator tells me that, if he could go back and do anything, he'd go to that college. We exchanged words about my dear sister Katherine Anne and her experiences, pros and cons of going to the school, and so forth. It was a fantastic nerd moment. It made my day. No; it made my *life.* I pity those who have no passion in this life.
Comments:
Who wouldn't have passion for this? It was a great communion of spirits! The student and the mentor. Moments like that just don't happen now a days.
The one of the best things about going to St. John's is that you don't have to spend the rest of your life wishing you had.
Post a Comment
come home? |
.:people:.
{ting} .:past:. April 2002 .:skin:. turtles! turtles! by araglas |