|
. . . . . entries for 9.8.02 . . . . .
Aha! So it finally happens--Erin is BLOGGING! AHAHAHAHA! Haha. Ehem. Well.
CTY was three weeks long and mostly fun. I won't comment on the *not* fun bits because, well, they just weren't fun. Also there are mostly other people (or the lack thereof) involved with the not fun bits and I wouldn't want to betray their experience at CTY if they wouldn't want me to. Anyway! Now that I'm done with my disclaimer, I'll move on to the good stuff.
WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CHARLIE HYLAND!? ^.^() Okay. Thank you. Charlie was a good sort of chap I met at CTY, who, unfortunately, hasn't contacted me in the week since we left. I never got to mess up his hair properly. It makes me sad. :(
Charlie was (still is, I have little doubt), if you pardon my use of Cassie's term, something of an enigmatic wonder childe. He sings, and that's a gigantic understatement. He's been in operas. He's got the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. His father's in an Irish band, and he's very jealous of me for having been to Ireland. ^.^ He never has. My friend Yael, from my class, and I started stalking Charlie on the first Sunday--Casino Night. And that's a long story, so I won't go into it. It also falls slightly into the *not fun bits* category.
And he looks just a tad like Harry Potter, which he doesn't like mentioned very much, but since he clearly no longer exists in Erin's bubble it's okay to mention it here. :P
I assigned everyone a Final Fantasy character that they were similar to, and snickered a little bit at the relations between them. I'm a sad, sad soul. If you want to know who was what, *ask* me about it. :P If you're one of my friends from CTY and you want to know, I can only tell you yours. Ehehehe.
(Charlie, in case you were wondering, is Sephiroth.)
There were three dances. The first one had an eighties theme, the second "club CTY," the third Titanic (which everyone happily ignored). There were also a lot of randomized activities during the weekend, and some during the week. ^.^ The ones I went to included How To Be An Evil Overlord (Charlie was there too; he wants to be a supervillain when he grows up, which I applaud him for, because there simply aren't enough in the world.), poetry workshop (I read one of my poems at the closing ceremonies! there were five acts or so, and I was one of them. I'm so damned special.) and Harry Potter's birthday (which my RA signed me up for, because I forgot that morning, and completely unaware of this I wore my Harry Potter shirt that morning. no lie. guess who was there as the guest of honor? teehee. . .). Overall it was an enjoyable sort of activity experience.
Class was my second-to-favorite bit. Let me attempt to put it in context. Our class has a question box. We named it Ralphred. (Don't ask.) So, one day Luke, our instructor of twenty-six years, opens Ralphred and pulls out a question. He reads it bemusedly. "We love Luke, Luke is God, We love Luke, Luke is God. . ." on and on. It was *actually* written there. We liked class, and our teacher, that much. It was, I should mention for those who don't already know, a class called existentialism. If you don't know what the word means, don't ask. o.o()
And, last but not least, my favorite bit was the downtime, in which I either lay in the grass doing nothing at all, listened to Melodies of Life incessantly, read, or occasionally went over to Charlie's meeting spot to harass him and his friend, who I shall refer to as Jonathan, even though we called him by his last name, because I have no idea how to spell his last name, unfortunately. ^.^() I have a great fear that Jonathan took a fancy to me at CTY. It worries me. Well, he too seems to have popped out of Erin's personal bubble, so that's okay.
Anyway, I think that's about it. o.o() Peace out!
[] . . . ees @ 9:47:00 AM
come home?
|
|